9.3.10

link love?

I know I said I was finished with this blog, but I don't think I am. I may try to "double fist" the blogs for awhile. I have an odd increment of time on my hands this morning: we have a 10:30 AM playdate, but we slept in until 6:30, so I don't feel like we have time to go to the Y, the library, get a shower, and make it to the playdate by the appointed time, so I decided instead to work on some "link love" on Facebook. I have discovered that it's not really my thing.

I have, right this minute, 71 fans on my FB page. I know most of those people. Mostly they are existing clients, friends, family members of friends. I only have a few people on there who I don't know at all. I don't think randomly fanning pages accomplishes anything. Okay, some people have 800 fans, but many of those people just want to have 800 fans on their own pages. Do they immediately hide your posts? Do they ever look at your Etsy shop when it's time to buy gifts? I decided to only fan pages that interest me. People can make self-promotional posts on my FB page all they want--I'll check it out, and if I like their work, I'll let them know.

This, of course, goes along with the whole "not lying" thing. I don't tell my child that a monster will get her if she doesn't brush her teeth. If she asks what happens to the cute baby cow she is petting, I let her know that it will be probably be someone's dinner some day. I try very hard to be kind yet honest in interpersonal relationships. Some people live by the ten commandments. Great if it works for them, but I live by the nine noble virtues. I have found that when I rediscovered my faith and stopped trying to keep silent about what I believed, in order to blend in with the Judeo-Christian matrix of our society, I became much happier. Truth, honor, and fidelity are the most important to me, though all nine are interconnected and work best together.

So there. That's my preaching. I never say these things to people unsolicited, because that's just as bad as knocking on doors with pamphlets. You made the decision to read this, though, so. . .thanks. And if I like your work, you'll know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment