10.12.09

No whining, period.


Ok, no more whining. About anything, period. I'm done. It doesn't help. I am very happy that the crazy windstorm we had yesterday did not break any of our huge, ancient windows. There were trees down everywhere, a co-worker fell in the mud horribly while trying to push someone else's car out of the mud. . . it could always be so much worse. It is now time to buckle down and do some serious, serious crafting for holiday gifts. My gifting list has been abbreviated slightly, and that helps. I really wasn't as excited as I pretended to be about making two dozen totally handmade bird ornaments, anyway.
Both open houses went well, I received a few orders, two of which are already finished. I have discovered that ruby Swarovski crystals no longer exist, apparently, and that complicates one of my existing orders, but I can improvise! I gave Lily a haircut that isn't at all terrible.
I bought myself a pair of pearl earrings today, which is a big deal for me. Whenever I needed a pair, I would borrow them from my mom, and let's face it: I'm far too old to be doing that, regularly anyway. Nobody other than my father has ever given me quality jewelry, so if I can't make it and I want it, I'm buying it for myself from now on.
I'm looking forward to the fashion show at the Associated Artists of Butler County on Saturday. I'm looking forward to having some big people time with a very fun friend. High heels will be worn, wine will be enjoyed, and there will be much rejoicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment